Monday, August 31, 2009

One Devonshire Place

One Devonshire Place is a building in Boston, Massachusetts. It was built in 1983 and is the 28th-tallest building in Boston.

I must say I'm surprised at how many buildings Wikibloogia has brought me to. This is the fifth building in Wikibloogia history, moving it among the leaders in all-time Wikibloogia topics, tied with such pillars of society as religion and football.

I don't blame people for finding buildings important. After all, we spend most of our time in buildings. Then again, we also spend most of our time in clothes, but I don't see clothes among the leading topics of Wikibloogia. Now that I think about it, buildings are sort of like clothes. People get inside them. They keep people warm in the wintertime. They are often stylish, yet always functional. You have to wash them sometimes.

Pockets are like storage closets. Shirtsleeves are like hallways. Zipper flies are like garage doors. Hats are like roofs. Shoes are like basements. Pant legs are like elevator shafts. Button holes are like windows. Buttons are like window panes. Collars are like observation decks. And ties are like fire escapes.


I rest my case.
Photo: I like via Flickr (CC)

No comments:

Post a Comment