Monday, May 18, 2009

Wikibloogia - Introduction

Hello.

When I'm bored and sitting at my computer at the same time, I sometimes go to Wikipedia and click the random article link, and learn about something I never knew about. Sometimes it makes me laugh. Sometimes is makes me cry. Sometimes it's interesting. Sometimes it's boring.

Usually, when I'm done I have learned about some tiny thing that contributes to making the universe the way it is.

So, starting now, once a day I'm going to go to Wikipedia, click on 'random article', and write something about the first article it takes me to. So if you read my post, you'll know about something you didn't know about. And so will I.

I promise that I will never cheat; I will always write about whatever random article I come to first. I will only click a second time if the first click brings me to a stub or to one of those lists where it doesn't know which thing I'm talking about.

Finally, the reason this blog is called Wikibloogia, instead of Wikiblogia, is because Wikiblogia was already taken.

Adam

4 comments:

  1. Cool, Dommer. I look forward to reading you.
    I used to do this on my blog. If you're interested
    http://kneecapped.blogspot.com/search/label/Wiki%20Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tormey. You're a genius. I'm happy to have unintentionally stolen your idea. Hey I didn't realize you were back on the kneecapped. Nice.

    ReplyDelete