Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bayou Bucket

Bayou Bucket is an award given to the winner of an annual football game between Rice University and the University of Houston. When I first read that the game is between "the Houston Cougars and the Rice Owls" for a moment I misunderstood and thought there was something called a rice owl, and I was very excited to hear that.

Rice is one of my favorite foods, and the owl is a great bird, and the idea that there was something called a rice owl made me very happy. I quickly realized that it was just the Owls from Rice University, but for about a half-second of my life I thought there was such thing as a rice owl, and no one can take that away from me.


Rice owls. Rice owls.
Photo: fossilmike via Flickr (CC)

1 comment:

  1. I really like the hidden clusters of funny in every bowl of Wikibloogia. They're my favorite part. :)

    ReplyDelete