Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Waldemar III, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst

Waldemar III, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst was a German prince who died in 1391. Waldemar III, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst's dad's name was John.

There really were a lot of princes all over the world back in the olden days. There aren't as many princes these days. In fact, even the word prince has taken on new meaning in our modern times. When I hear the word prince, the first thing that comes to mind is Prince. Then I think of Prince spaghetti. Then I think of Milwaukee Brewers' firstbaseman Prince Fielder. Then I think of the Spin Doctors. Then I think of Bel Air. Then, and only then, I think of Waldemar III, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst.

One can only wonder what we'll think of when we hear the word prince in another 600 years.


Sometimes princes get angry.
Photo: itslefty via Flickr (CC)

No comments:

Post a Comment