Friday, September 18, 2009

The Crime Club

The Crime Club was an imprint of the Doubleday publishing company. I guess an imprint is sort of a specialized brand name under which a certain number books are published. Many detective and mystery books were published under the Crime Club label. It started in 1928.

I don't like crime. The Crime Club is not a club I want my children to join at school when they choose extracurricular activities in order to better themselves and their community. There are other more worthwhile clubs they can participate in. They could join the Community Service Club or the Yearbook Club or the Ceramics Club. Or they could write for the school newspaper or run for class president or try out for the wrestling team.

I don't have children.


The Clasped Hands Club.
Photo: capturinglight via Flickr (CC)

No comments:

Post a Comment