Thursday, December 3, 2009

Takashi Inukai

Takashi Inukai was a professor of Japanese literature at Osaka University. His students really liked him. He won many honors, including Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon.

When I was a young boy, I watched the movie Revenge of the Nerds. There is one scene in which the Nerds watch the sorority girls in their dorm via secret cameras. One of the Nerds is named Takashi. While they watch one girl lying in bed on her stomach, one of the Nerds says, "How could you ever get tired of that ass, Takashi?" But I always misunderstood and thought the Nerd was saying "How could you ever get tired of that asstakasher?"

I thought 'asstakasher' was another word for bum. And it was my understanding that Betty Childs had an awesome asstakasher.

It's funny being a young kid, with the little ways you misunderstand the world around you. I'm always reminded of this when I see the name Takashi.


Horse's asstakasher.
Photo: freeparking via Flickr (CC)

3 comments:

  1. this is kinda like how when i watched Grease as a kid, and they're singing "would you pull that crap with Annette?" (some off-screen babe), i thought they were singing "would you pull that crap with a net?" and then i thought that there must be some problem with pulling crap with a net, like maybe the crap falls through the gaps or something, and that's why it's such an absurd idea that they would sing about it.

    it's kinda like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amber,

    I thought the exact same thing as a child ("would you pull that crap with a net?"). I just chalked it up to weird adultspeak.

    Sincerely,

    Wikibloogia

    ReplyDelete