Friday, December 4, 2009

Stearns (automobile)

Stearns (automobile) was a luxury car manufacturing company based in Cleveland. It's formal name was F. B. Stearns and Company. The company is now defunct. My formal name is Adam Jonathan Shonkoff. I still funct.

Frank Stearns was a pioneer in auto building back at the turn of the 20th century. He built his first car when he was a student in 1896. It was old-timey. But not at the time. At the time it was very new-timey.

I've never built a car. I often think how it would be cool to build myself a complex machine from scratch, and then use it. Like a car or a computer. But I've never done it. That's the difference between me and Frank Stearns. Also, he never blogged.


The 1929 Stearns-Knight had optional blood-soaked rims.
Photo: Mr. T in DC via Flickr (CC)

No comments:

Post a Comment