Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Debt validation

Debt validation refers to the consumer's right to get verification of his/her debt from the debt collector. Americans have this right thanks to the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Thanks, government.

I am currently in debt to one of my friends, because he picked me up from the airport the other day. Now I never know when he will call upon me to do him a favor in return. Being in debt to someone is a strange thing. But I don't mind, as long as I can validate and verify my debt at any point.

Each one of us is in debt to the Universe. The Universe lends us a whole bunch of material to walk around in for about 80 years, at which point we have to give it back.

Thanks, Universe.


Debt leads to sign-holding.
Photo: eric731 via Flickr (CC)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad paying back my universal debt does NOT include kneeling before Zod.

    ReplyDelete