Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Katy Trail (Dallas)

Katy Trail (Dallas) is a path in Dallas that you can rollerblade or bike or hike on. It follows the abandoned Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad line.

The Katy Trail is part of a bigger project in Dallas to replace all the old abandoned railroad tracks with recreational paths. I like this idea. I'm in favor of de-abandoning things.

The project is being carried out by an organization called The Friends of Katy Trail. I support their efforts, but I think they should know that you can't really be friends with a trail. You can like a trail, and you can enjoy using it recreationally, and you can tell it your problems if you want, but you can never really be friends.


Stay off Katy Trail when the giant pees on it.
Photo: Daquella manera via Flickr (CC)

2 comments:

  1. This picture doesn't really make me want to visit the Katy Trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have relatives who live in katy, tx. i've never visited them.

    ReplyDelete