Monday, March 1, 2010

Jacques Villeneuve

Jacques Villeneuve is a Canadian racecar driver. Racecar is a palindrome.

Another palindrome is 'Madam I'm Adam'. This one was taught to me at an early age, because my name is Adam, so the person who taught it to me thought I would especially relate to it. She was right, I did.

Some people like another famous palindrome 'Rats live on no evil star'. I guess it is a palindrome, but the sentence never really made sense to me, so I never liked that one much. I feel the same way about 'A man, a plan, a canal, Panama'. That's not even a sentence.

I do like me some palindrome, though.


I like palindrome graffiti.
Photo: iwantamonkey via Flickr (CC)

3 comments:

  1. Palindrome alley was a block from my old house in DC.

    I know Wikibloogia appreciates outside research so the best pallindrome I could find was...

    saippuakuppinippukauppias

    "wholesale soapdish vendor" in Finnish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite one is "wow, mom. wow." its about a delicious supper.

    Also, Todd Solondz's movie "Palindromes" is worth a watch. i'm sure youre familiar, but the main character is played by like 13 women of different ages and nationalities. they appear in palindromic sequence. i was going to say 13 different women of different ages and nationalities, but i'm sure that its unlikely that the part was played by 13 of the same woman. or maybe i just never noticed. it would be difficult to tell, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good comments, people.

    Keep it up.

    -Wikibloogia

    ReplyDelete