Thursday, January 7, 2010

RPD

RPD is a light machine gun developed in the Soviet Union. Its development began in 1943, but it wasn't put into wide use until the 1950s.

I don't know what RPD stands for. I imagine it's something in Russian, which is not so helpful because I don't speak Russian and neither do you.

I just looked up Rodney Dangerfield to see if maybe RPD were his initials, but they weren't. Rodney Dangerfield's real name was Jacob Cohen.

I also looked up Robert Duvall. But his middle name was Selden.


Like most people, Rodney Dangerfield is dead.
Photo: Alan Light via Flickr (CC)

2 comments:

  1. RP stand for a light handgun and the D is the dude's last name who invented it. i rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling my formerly Soviet friend would be able to shed some light on this subject.

    -Wikibloogia

    ReplyDelete